Edavaka Mission is the parish level expression of Mar Thoma Voluntary Evangelical Association. The objective is to see that every member of the church is a witness of Jesus Christ.
It is mainly led by laity and any member who wishes to be a part of it can do it. There is no compulsion.
Jerusalem Mar Thoma Church, Elamkulam too has a very active and effective Edavaka Mission. The various philanthropic activities that it renders are commendable. Members actively participate in its various services like:
- Assisting in building a church in Kuttanpuzha.
- Renders spiritual fellowship and extends financial support to the needy and terminally ill patients of Edavanakad Mission Center, which is a joint venture of Edavaka Mission, Pain and Palliative Care Center and Jerusalem Development Project.
- Give assistance to rehabilitate those who lost habitats in Pooyamkutty.
- Assisted in reconstructing the church and mission center of Urulanthanni under the supervision of our Diocese.
- Aided in constructing homes for the homeless of Urulanthanni (six houses).
- Distributes school bags, books and other education materials for the students of Urulanthanni, Kuttanpuzha and Njayapalli.
- Supported the renovation work of the hall of Njayapalli mission field.
- At least twice a month the members visit Njayapalli colony of 70 poverty stricken families and extend spiritual fellowship.
- Provides marriage aids for the economically backward girls.
- Provides Newspaper, Magazines and Financial support to the libraries of the mission fields.
- Arrange visits to mission fields of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and other states outside Kerala.
- Intercessory prayer and Bible study classes are conducted in the church every 1st and 2nd Tuesdays at 6 pm.
- Area wise house visits are conducted on every 3rd at 5 pm and at 7 pm, prayer meeting is conducted at one of the houses of the visiting area.
- Members of the Edavaka Mission join hands with the Pain and Palliative care unit in distributing lunch packets to the in patients of General Hospital, Ernakulam at 12.30 pm on every 4th Tuesday and visit the cancer ward of the General Hospital at 5.30 pm on the same day and give them fellowship.